Friday 22 July 2022

AK47 Republic - Objective Markers Part 13: Truck

As with the tour bus in my previous post, another item I picked up in a car boot sale for a few pence was an old Majorette Saviem truck. Labelled as being 1:100, it's spot-on for 15mm wargaming, especially for post-colonial Africa.  I have at least a couple of these already, but they're packed away somewhere in readiness for building work on our house.  When I saw this one I knew it would save me the trouble of trying to find where I'd hidden the others for my objective marker.

The original plan.

I drilled out the rivets, disassembled and cleaned the parts.  I had intended to re-spray the body of the truck but decided that the battered appearance was fine for my needs, and would also save time. Before reassembling the vehicle, I painted the seats brown, shaded darker brown and then drybrushed the front grille silver.

Internal detail.
 I painted the yellow stripe around the cab, added the red lettering on the front, the orange indicators and a black front bumper with silver headlights.  A wash of watered down brown paint was applied over the entire vehicle and then wiped off with a tissue, leaving the "dirt" in the recesses of the body and wheels.

Details and weathering added.

The completed vehicle was added to the plain base I'd made.  I had 3D printed a couple of crates to use as cargo and added some 3D printed fuel drums I painted a few weeks ago.

The finished objective marker.

I might add some more details another day such as a logo on either side of the cab, if I find some suitable decals

The finished objective marker.

The finished objective marker.


1 comment: