Monday 11 July 2022

AK47 Republic - Objective Markers Part 10: Camouflaged Observation Post

This observation post was another casualty of time running out.  I had intended to include a couple of tables and a radio, perhaps some maps laid out.  But let's not focus on what's missing,,,

Initial sketch.

Once the soil/grout, grass and tree foliage had dried, I sorted through my tub of 3D printing supports (always save them!) and found some long ones suitable to support the camouflage netting.  Cocktail sticks would have been too thick and some of these supports had branched ends to help hold the netting.

The netting is a piece of bandage.  It was supposed to be open mesh gauze bandage for the netting effect but this was the only one I could find at short notice!  It's been dyed with green and brown acrylics and pulled into shape when wet.

When I get a chance, I'll re-cover it with the correct sort of bandage and add tea-leaf patches.  That could also be the suitable time to add some tables as per the original idea.  I have a GZG command set that includes a sitting radio operator who will be ideal to go with it.

The Land Rover was the final touch, but it does look rather empty under there!






3 comments:

  1. Good to see that AK47 is Alive and well in Norfolk, Paul! Nice objective markers. I converted my Hotwheels Anti-tank Icecream Van to a Dorchester ACV some time ago :-)
    https://notquitemechanised.wordpress.com/2013/08/04/massive-moritz-rommels-captured-dorchester-acv/

    Regards, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice work! I have a couple of slightly dodgy models that I'm planning to cover in camo netting to hide their inadequacies the same way you did for your ACV.

      Delete