At a car boot sale a few weeks ago I spotted some old toy cars and I realised that some would be ideal for the objective markers I was panning. My original plan involved a crashed truck with some gold bars spilling out, but when I saw this vehicle the idea metamorphosed into a crashed tour bus.
|Original plan that I discarded.|
This bus is probably slightly smaller than 1:100 scale, but it was close enough that I wanted to use it. It came with a couple of faded and torn stickers on the sides, which I removed, before drilling out the rivets and disassembling it. I gave the whole thing a good scrub with warm soapy water and an old toothbrush, then repainted the sides in yellow.
|No interior detail for this bus.|
I had some 1:100 model railway figures that were suitable for use as some of the bus passengers.
The bus was reassembled and the lights painted silver.
Alas, this little scene was also a casualty of my time running out. I didn't get a chance to paint a logo on the sides of the bus and although the tourists made it to my painting tray, the brush didn't touch them. I had prepared the base with a ditch ready to receive the crashed bus.
I hope I'll get a chance to paint a few people to stand around the bus, and I'll sort through my supply of decals for a tour logo.