Sunday 17 July 2022

AK47 Republic - Objective Markers Part 12: Tour Bus

At a car boot sale a few weeks ago I spotted some old toy cars and I realised that some would be ideal for the objective markers I was panning.  My original plan involved a crashed truck with some gold bars spilling out, but when I saw this vehicle the idea metamorphosed into a crashed tour bus.

Original plan that I discarded.
 

This bus is probably slightly smaller than 1:100 scale, but it was close enough that I wanted to use it.  It came with a couple of faded and torn stickers on the sides, which I removed, before drilling out the rivets and disassembling it.  I gave the whole thing a good scrub with warm soapy water and an old toothbrush, then repainted the sides in yellow.

No interior detail for this bus.

I had some 1:100 model railway figures that were suitable for use as some of the bus passengers.

Passengers.

The bus was reassembled and the lights painted silver.

Headlights!

Alas, this little scene was also a casualty of my time running out.  I didn't get a chance to paint a logo on the sides of the bus and although the tourists made it to my painting tray, the brush didn't touch them.  I had prepared the base with a ditch ready to receive the crashed bus.

I hope I'll get a chance to paint a few people to stand around the bus, and I'll sort through my supply of decals for a tour logo.




No comments:

Post a Comment