Friday 13 January 2023

Rebel Minis VIPER Suit 4

My latest VIPER suit has been built in a more dynamic pose than the previous ones.  I reposed the feet and assembled the legs from individual sections rather than using a pre-posed set.  I used gel superglue to ensure a strong bond, there's a lot of weight suported on that back ankle joint.

I used the same paint scheme as the first 2 VIPERs.

The main weapons are a "Suturus Pattern - Project Good Dog Heat Spear".  These are designed by John Bear Ross, designer of the VIPER and therefore a good match in style.  They were resized slightly, though the Imperial Knight ball joints on the original were not the exact same size anyway. Regardless of this, gel superglue fixes them in place well.

Fast moving mecha.

I re-purposed the chin-mount weapons from the Titan Marine VIPER as a light anti-aircraft gun on top of the hull.  The sensors were painted in like gems, which was a bit fiddly between the weapon barrels.

Anti-aircraft guns & sensors.

This VIPER has been printed hollow with an removable canopy and a pilot with ejection seat.  I have also printed an empty seat as an alternative option.

Pilot.

There is space inside the back of the hull for some stowage, ammo boxes, food, tent, weapons.  I have the stowage set so I have various options available once I get them printed.

Pilot.

The running pose was inspired by various BattleTech 'Mechs such as the Locust and various Clan OmniMechs.

Having the top mounted weapons rear-facing gives it a sleeker, faster appearance, and will help ward off pursuers.

Strong glue was needed for this pose!

The altered feet work particularly well with this pose.

Rear facing wepons on top look "faster".

I also added some additional detail to my existing VIPERs.  All had red/green port and starboard markings on the shoulder armour triangles.  The first one had some lenses painted on the teeny lenses alongside the chin gatling.

Sensor lenses on gatling just visible if you zoom in.

I also painted some lenses on the little sensor bubbles to either side of the main guns

Weapon sensor lens.

The ammo box at the side of the cockpit has a small transfer to turn it into a first aid kit.

First aid kit detail.

This VIPER will be the fast recon unit for my Mecha forces, hence the lighter weight weapons and the rear facing guns to discourage pursuit.

Mecha attack!

I can see this VIPER striking behind enemy lines, or flanking them, using its fusion guns to destroy supplies and spread havoc, then outdistancing any pursuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment