Monday 9 January 2023

Humber Armoured Cars

I have a vague idea of backstory for a North African Imagi-Nation featuring various WWII allied vehicles, either left by Britain following independence from colonial rule, or salvaged from the desert after the end of the war.

 These Mk IV Humber armoured cars are from M_Bergman.

The vehicles were painted with Humbrol sand brown underneath and over the wheels and in the wheel arches, then given a wash of black ink.

The upper hull and turrets have a base coat of Vallejo desert yellow with a wash of sepia ink and matt varnish for shading.

The camouflage stripes are Army Painter speedpaint camo cloak green, which self-shades itself very neatly.  Hmm... looking at these photographs, the camo patches don't match, so I've put the turrets on the wrong hulls!  Whoops.  They're not fixed, so I can easily swap them over.

The wheels were painted with black and a few details touched in such as the shovel, headlights etc.

They could do with a bit more stowage, some tarps, but they'll be added another day when I find where I hid my Milliput.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, I think that contrast type paints are a real bonus for camouflage, they remove a lot of the hard work!

      Delete