Saturday 7 January 2023

Epic Valkyrie

 My Epic Imperial Guards have received some air transport in the form of this Valkyrie from Stroganoff on Thingiverse. This was printed in one piece using AnyCubic Eco-Resin.

Being a clumsy oaf, as I was preparing to undercoat it I dropped it on the garage floor and it shattered.  Fortunately I managed to find all the bits and repair it.  Gel supergue works very well on this resin and the repairs are practically invisible now that it has been painted.

As with my other Epic Imperial Guard vehicles, this has a Humbrol 75 bronze green base coat, Humbrol 86 olive drybrush.  The camo stripes are Vallejo black diluted with matt varnish to give a contrast paint effect.

I tried a new technique with the windows on this model, blue with extra highlights instead of the usual gloss black.  It has worked better than I expected, so I shall definitely try this again on some other models.

I painted the underside a paler colour for aerial camouflage, GW Corax white with Vallejo stoneall gray patches.

This is a lovely model and I'd like to print another 3 or 4 to give me the capability to transport a whole infantry detachment.  I'll just need to be more careful not to drop them...



2 comments:

  1. These are very cool minis IMO. I always wanted a aerial assault detachment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great! 3D printing means they can be a little less chunky than the old metal ones too.

      Delete