Tuesday 17 January 2023

VIPER canopy repaint

After upgrading my other VIPERs with a few extra details, I thought I'd try repainting the canopy on my civilian version in the same way as I did on my Land Rovers.

It didn't work quite as well, but it's still better than the gloss black I started with, so I'm happy.  I'm sure I'll improve over time the more I practice.


The canopies received a coat of gloss medium afterwards, for a nice shiny finish.  I picked up the tube of gloss medium just before Christmas and I've used it on a few things now, either giving a sheen on canopies, or improving the appearance of the water on my amphibious APC.  It will certainly come in useful when I make a larger wargame board later this year which will have a few patches of water on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment