Tuesday 14 November 2023

Snack time

The EC3D furniture set includes these neat little snack bar/fast food type tables and seats, which I've painted in what I hope is a suitable style.

Ready for lunch.

 I can imagine the customers sitting down, punching in their requests at the little terminal, and the food being delivered by the serving bot a few moments later.

Front and back views.

The files were designed for 28mm, but I rescaled to 56% original size.  I also hollowed them and punched some drainage holes to save resin.  If you leave uncured resin inside, the liquid inside will cause the shell to crack as it de-gasses, destroying the model completely.  The holes underneath won't be seen and the others will usually be against another piece of scenery, so they won't easily be visible either.

Drainage holes

 After a white base coat and thin black ink wash, I picked out various pipes, vents and ducting in silver.  Other parts were coloured using Vallejo Xpress paints: Caribbean Turquoise for the table; Martian Orange for the seats.

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering what colours to paint mine in :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might do some more in a duller metal finish for a barracks mess block.

      Delete