Friday 17 November 2023

When you need to go...

I have some MDF toilet block scenery, but never got around to scratchbuilding the necessary interiors.  Now, thanks to EC3D designs I can print all the toilet facilities I need!

Toilets and hand basins.

These are self-supporting files to print flat on the build plate.  I reduced to 56% original size for 15mm, but the toilet still looks quite large.  Either I accidentally printed the 28mm one, or I need to reduce to something smaller like 40% original size.  That one looks like it could eat someone...

Detail view .

A simple paint scheme, white with a thinned black wash and a white drybrush.  A few details  (tap, hinges, pipes etc.) were picked out with silver.  I added another dark wash to enhance the detail in the basin, toilet lid and around some of the edges.

Side view.

I've only printed a couple of items from the set so far, a stand-alone hand basin and a toilet. Other items in the set include a toilet in a stall, a basin with mirror and a urinal with privacy screens, they'll certainly be useful for detailing some of my other projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment