Friday 24 November 2023

Starship seats

Following on from yesterday's starship consoles, the EC3D set also includes some great starship seats.

I've adopted a basic GW leadbelcher with black wash for the main structure of each seat.

The larger seat looks like the sort a captain might sit in on the bridge.  I've used GW goregrunta fur drybrushed with Vallejo khaki for a leathery look.

I added a few small accents such as the green cables on the sides and some GW mithril silver on ducting.

The next seat is probably that of the pilot/navigator.  I used Vallejo Xpress caribbean turqoise for the padding.

The seat has leg holes and lots of buttons.  The buttons were all dotted in with white, then coloured with Vallejo Xpress snake green, martian orange, Imperial yellow and plasma red.  If I use this in a large starship, I'll probably print another mirrored one so that I can create a symmetrical bridge layout.

The final seat is more basic, and I used Vallejo Xpress snake green for the padding.

The seats all look very sturdy.

Although I printed these at 56%, I do wonder whether they could be reduced further in size.  They do seem slightly large for a 15mm figure, but it might not be so noticeable during the heat of a desperate battle!

No comments:

Post a Comment