Wednesday 19 October 2022

Barricades and more crates for the cargo bay

Continuing from my cargo bay scenery, the first of these Star Wars Legion barricades come from Sablebadger, resized to 50%.  I added a small ammo box and triangular can from a stowage set too.

Star Wars Legion barricade from Sablebadger

ImperialTerrain make this hasty defence position, again resized to around 50% and with a small triangular can added on top.

Hasty defence position from ImperialTerrain

Other side of Hasty defence position

I tried a couple of different colour schemes on these crates (printed at 50%).

New crates.

Battered, dirty, rusty old crates.

Ribbed suitcases from Sablebadger

I can imagine these barrels being HDPE plastic chemical drums with a metal screw ring around the top to secure the lid, so I've painted in appropriate colours.

Barrels from Sablebadger

This mixture of crates includes some from Sablebadger, some from Lordogre (as mentioned in my previous cargo bay scenery post) and some from Lord_Farzenbobble.  All were resized to between 45% and 56% original size.  I keep a notebook so I can note down which sizes in case I want to print more to match.  More recently, I've started re-saving the stl files with the size inculded in the filename, eg. "barrel3-56.stl" for barrel 3 at 56% original size.  This avoids having to dig out the notebook each time!

Crates from Lordogre (one on left), Lord Farzenbobble (metal crates in centre) and Sablebadger (blue ones)

Crates from Lord Farzenbobble (top left), Lordogre (stacked top right) and Sablebadger (front)

6 barrels from Sablebadger resized to a smaller 40%.  I thought that these could serve equally well as ventilation units or other gubbins on the roof of a building, to help "sci-fi" my Middle Eastern style houses.

Barrels from Sablebadger

 With all these different crates, barricades, barrels and so on, I have enough scatter terrain for a good sized board now, be it inside a complex of buildings, out in a supply dump or sprinkled around outdoors in a settlement.

No comments:

Post a Comment