One box of scenery in the loft included some of the 15mm buildings I constructed from Hirst Arts blocks. Although designed for 28mm figures, I found that turned sideways, the blocks worked very well with 15mm figures. All were glued with PVA to MDF bases. I need to build a roof for this power/machinery room but the inside looks pretty good I think.
There is a small control room at one end of the building. Now I have some 3d printed furniture I'll have to use it for a photoshoot with some figures.
The base is MDF with some fabric embroidery mesh glued down as industrial mesh flooring.
I also build a generator, not quite up to Echo Base standards but it gets the job done.
I originally planned to build a series of interconnecting rooms, some of which would be raised on supports. One would have been a control centre for the complex.
|View into the raised room|
There would have been spave for small vehicles to park underneath.
|Support for the raised room|
I built another generator which was painted in a more rusty colour scheme - obviously less well-cared for than the bigger generator.
It's small enough to fit inside some of the buildings.
|Small generator inside building|
I was very pleased with the workshop/store building. As well as the main room, there is a small office and an airlock style smaller entrance to the side.
The top of each doorway lifts off so you can decide whether you want the doorway open or closed.
Long-time readers of this blog may recognise the building from some of my older posts...