Saturday 29 July 2023

Lidl wargame storage case

Lidl are currently selling a fishing tackle bag wargame storage case for £25.  I didn't buy one when I saw it, but after considering, I decided that it might come in handy for some of my Epic scale vehicles.  As it happened, we were passing a couple of Lidls on a day out yesterday, and the second one had a few cases left.

The front pocket has a few elastic straps so you can keep your pencils neat.  There's space for lots of dice and a tape measure too.

The 2 side pockets both contain 12-compartment containers.  I'm thinking these will be useful for order counters and the like.

The main compartment includes a zip compartment in the top of the cover.

The main compartment contains 6 large plastic multi-compartment trays.  These will come in extremely useful.

Each tray has 18 compartments, which will be excellent for all my tiny tanks.  They stack neatly in the bag, which is well padded to protect them. The 2 long dividers are fixed, the rest are slot-in removable ones, so you have space for larger vehicles if required.

My Epic models are rather cramped at the moment, so spreading them into some extra cases will be good.  The existing cases are the same size, so I can mix and match which ones I transport in the bag.

The metal models will need a little padding, but the resin ones are very light and should be fine once they're spread out across extra cases.  If I swap some around, I might reallocate a tray or two to my 15mm scatter scenery which is about to overflow from its existing couple of trays.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment