Tuesday 20 September 2022

Library cupboards

One of the designers that I regularly admire items from on Thingiverse is Ecaroth.  I decided to try printing the sample items from his library set to see if would be worth purchasing the entire pack.

Cupboards in the corner.

The sample includes 3 cupboards, one of which is a corner unit.  I painted them with a burnt umber base coat and a heavy drybrush of burnt sienna to give a richer, warmer tone than my existing dungeon furniture.

Cupboards separated.

To save on resin, I hollowed the cupboards leaving a 2mm shell.  I punched holes in the back and base to assist with the resin drainage during printing.

Printed hollow with plenty of drainage holes.

They match well in size with my Mantic Terrain Crate scenery, so I could easily print some more and paint them to match those.  By mirroring each design, you could have a total of six different cupboards.

Comparison to Mantic Terraincrate shelves.

In summary, I think these cupboards have turned out great and I will certainly be purchasing the full set from Hero's Hoard in due course.  They'll be a great addition to my Hirst Arts Heroquest dungon.

No comments:

Post a Comment