Sunday 11 September 2022

Autoprotetto S.37

 The Italian Autoprotetto S.37 is a suitably distinctive-looking vehicle to give some character to my army.

On patrol.

As usual, this is one of m_bergman's excellent models. The AS.37 was used by Italy during WWII and this version sports the additional armoured shields on top that were used to try and give the occupants of the roofless rear compartment some additional protection.

Side views.

These were very easy to print & paint, I didn't bother to hollow out the models (which I did with the BTR-40Bs) because the open top means they don't use much resin anyway.  As with my other 3D printed models, the print lines show up when viewed from an inch or two away, but at tabletop distances they're absoliutely fine.

Front & rear views.

I'm imagining that these were probably left over in a former Italian colony, maybe somewhere in North Africa, and have made their way into the armed forces of one of my imagi-nations.

4 comments:

  1. That is a great idea! I might print a couple myself to give to my professionals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're lovely little models, I certainly recommend them.

      Delete
  2. These really look the part. And they really look great in that paint too.

    ReplyDelete