Thursday 15 September 2022

Lynx Recce vehicle

These M113-CR Lynx reconnaisance vehicles from m_bergmann will act as scout units for some of my mecha forces.  They're a neat, compact little vehicle that isn't as familiar as its ubiquitous big brother the M113.

Lynx recon vehicles with Peter Pig US troops for scale.

 These had a base coat of Humbrol 242 dark green with Humbrol 249 sand brown patches.  After a coat of Future/Pledge floor polish, I added the decals, including some ID numbers and triangular unit markings.  Once they were sealed in with another coat of polish (essentially a thin acrylic varnish), I gave a shading wash of black ink/matt varnish, then a dusty drybrush.

Top view.

Looking at the pictures now, I realise that I didn't paint in the vision blocks of the lights, so I'll have to go back and do them another day!  There are lots of neat details sich as the Jerry can, shovel and kinetic recovery cable, some of which I also need to finish off.

Rear view.

These will take a fireteam in each and be useful for reconnoitering ahead of the larger mecha.

No comments:

Post a Comment