Saturday 17 September 2022

A few more art supplies

The Works recently had a 50% off art supplies sale, so I took the opportunity to stock up on a few items.

£7 of goodies.

I've used a few of The Works' "Crawford & Black" paints before, the pigments have been nice and strong and they've covered well.  I often use Sap Green and Burnt Umber in my scenery work to dye foam flock or to apply a base colour before flocking.

Good range of colours for £4.

I have some plans for an alien world and although I've got the flock finished already, there will be plenty of opportunities for painting tree trunks etc in unusual colours.  I've also been thinking of building some more sci-fi buildings in a rounded, pre-cast concrete style with coloured accents, for which these will come in useful.

One of these must be wrong - can't quite put my finger one which one...

Extra brushes always come in useful and this set has a great assortment for £3.  Some will be good for figures and vehicles, possibly for drybrushing, the biggest will be great for scenery.

Good range of brushes for £3.

All in all, a good haul for £7 and I'll look forward to using these over the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment