Tuesday 28 February 2023

Star Wars Mini-Rigs 2: Ground vehicles

More Star Wars Mini-Rigs... a couple of types of ground vehicle this time.

The MTV-7 Multi-Terrain Vehicle towers over 15mm figures.  With the seat area closed in to form a cabin, this could make a great transport vehicle.  As with the flying Mini-Rigs, there is lots of great panel detail which should paint up well.

The spring-loaded wheels move when you push the hull down.  I'm tempted to glue it with the legs at about 45 degrees.  The laser cannon is missing from the front, but it might make a nice civilian transport/exploration vehicle anyway.

The MLC-3 Mobile Laser Cannon is missing a clear dome from the top, but it might look even better with a turret there as some sort of heavy tank.

The top opens up, so I could put in some internal detail. Or more likely just use it to transport a few figures, then forget about them until the game has finished.

I have 4 of these (all missing their domes) plus at AT-AT hull.  Another option would be to combine all of them into a Sandcrawler type vehicle with 4 big track units underneath.

Whatever option I choose, I'm not likely to get a chance to do much with them until our building work has finished in the summer.  Most of my modelling supplies are packed away at present, these vehicles are only out because I thought they might help distract the kids one weekend.  I'm not sure whether I'll be able to get them all back into my gaming stock now though!

1 comment: