Saturday 18 February 2023

Red Shadow motorcyclist

One of my Peter Pig orders included a pack of WWII German motorcyclists (pack no 193).  I am converting these into Red Shadow outriders for my Action Force project.

Minor alterations were made to the helmet with Milliput, adding the front visor and a small box on the back.


The motorcyclists are equipped with normal rifles instead of StG-44 assault rifles, but a tiny blob of Milliput added the distinctive curving magazine which makes it look close enough from 6 inches away.

The Red Shadow has been painted GW red gore with a sepia ink wash. The remaining areas are black with a dark grey drybrush.  The various markings were carefully hand-painted.  It probably needs a skull-and-crossbones emblem on the fuel tank but I didn't feel my brush skills were up to it at the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment