Sunday 20 February 2022

Grav sled

 Like the grav truck, this Sci-Fi Cargo Sled was also designed by Curufin.

Handy for transporting a few crates.


 

I reduced it to 50% original size to make it suitable for 15mm.  I love the fact that I no longer have to think "that's great but I wish they made it in a smaller scale", if I find something I like I can just resize it and most of the time they work just fine.

Grav transport is useful where there are no roads...

 This printed well as a single piece without requiring any supports.  I mounted it on a coin to give the "hovering" grav effect just off the ground and used a couple of bits of guitar string for the control handles.

The cargo bed is a bit battered.

I used a utilitarian grey colour scheme with plenty of weathering using burnt umber/burnt sienna on the rusty areas and some silver along exposed edges.  I'm assuming those are brake lights on the back.

Also handy for transporting barrels.

The layer lines are fairly visible close to but viewed from more than about 6 inches away and they tend to disappear.  This will mainly appear in the role of background scenery anyway, so a perfect finish isn't absolutely necessary.

Ready for the next load.

It's good to have a civilian grav vehicle, most other vehicles I have are wheeled so this one will add that little extra sci-fi element.

No comments:

Post a Comment