Sunday 8 May 2022

Epic Aurox APCs

As well as my Epic Space Marines and Imperial Guards, I've been working on some traitor guard forces too.  I've tried to have a few more unusual vehicles so that they look different from my regular Imperial troops.

My traitor infantry will be transported in Aurox APCs*, an early Great Crusade and Horus Heresy era model that has since been superseded by the Chimera.  These have been retrieved from storage and brought into use for the traitors.

The Aurox follows a similar design philosophy to the Rhino, i.e. armoured box "battle-taxi" with lots of hatches for quick egress of troops and fairly basic armament, in this case a heavy stubber.  I'm starting off with 8 of these and will see what other unusual designs I can find to augment their numbers.  I'll probably churn out a few standard Chimeras too. 

Colour scheme is fairly basic - Humbrol 60 scarlet base coat, followed by a wash of 1 drop black ink, 3 drops red ink, 4 drops matt varnish, 3 drops water.  This quantity covers 4-6 tanks/APCs depending upon size.  A repeath drybrush of the original colour highlights them.  Tracks are GW chainmail with a wash of 1 drop black ink, 1 drop matt varnish, 2 drops water, and again a quick highlight with the original colour.

*EDIT - I forgot to mention the designer of file for these marvellous models, MKHAND_INDUSTRIES.  At the time of writing, these can be found on Cults3d: https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/epic-scale-aurox-armoured-transport

No comments:

Post a Comment