Friday 18 December 2020

2020 Autumn of Architecture - Part 4: Bricks! Linka part 4 - finished building.

3 years ago I started work on a Linka building and I realised that I never published the final update with the completely finished project!  I got as far as part 3 which was the painting but after that I made a small base out of foamex, attached it with UHU glue and added some basic groundwork.  I wasn't completey happy with the end result but never got around to improving it until now.

Following the Summer of Scenery, I've added some extra foam flock and tea leaves from the scenic materials I've made with the kids.

The base is finished with the standard Wilko tester pot emulsion paints.

The tuft of grass comes from an old paint brush.  Paving slabs were marked into the surface with the back of a knife blade.


The doorway is still slightly wonky but unfortunately that's something I can't easily fix without shattering the entire front of the building!

4 comments:

  1. Glad You finished it. Looks very well.
    I considered using those in 20 mm. I wonder about durability...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'd be good for 20mm without the fiddle of cutting them down in height. Durability is an issue with bigger structures but not too bad with smaller things. Reinforce with card or cast in resin instead of plaster and you'll get tougher results.

      Delete
  2. Great work, this build looks excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, loving the number on the bricks.

    ReplyDelete