Thursday 6 April 2023

R-CEE Robot

This 3D printed R-CEE robot comes from the talented Evan Carothers.  Mine has a few ridges on the arms and legs, but this is due to user error (or "incompetence" if you will), not any problem with the file or printer.  I am always very careful to ensure the screws for the resin vat are done up tightly, but on this occasion I failed to tighten the bolt on the print head, leaving it to wobble around.  Despite this astounding stupidity on my part, a bit of superglue fixed the worst problems, so it's fine to use as a bit of background scenery.

The scenery includes a lino sample, some Hirst Arts blocks for the walls and hatch, Lego wheels for the barrels, and a few small 3D printed crates and oil cans.
 

 I've reprinted the robot since I took these photographs, and it turned out much better with the build plate securely fixed in place!

No comments:

Post a Comment