Sunday 3 April 2022

Epic Walker Week - Plastic Dreadnoughts

We bring Epic Walker Week to a close with the most recently produced of my units, though "most recent" here means around 3 decades ago.  As Games Workshop ramped up their plastic army production into the second edition of Space Marine, they introduced Imperial, Eldar, Chaos and Ork Dreadnoughts, available in the "Epic Stompers" set along with all sorts of other goodies such as Terminators, mole mortars, Chaos androids, Ork Stompers and Shokk Attack guns

Plastic Dreadnoughts.

The Space Marine Dreadnoughts are equipped with an assault cannon and a power fist.  Being plastic, they're quite easy to convert with just a few chops of a craft knife and a drop of polycement.

Rampaging converted Dreadnought.

These have been retconned as "Contemptor" dreadnoughts and full-scale ones are available if you don't mind paying £35 (more than 700% what I paid for my original Rogue Trader dreadnoughts - Bank of England inflation calculator says that it would be under 300% price increase for my original one today), or you can remortgage your house and go for a Forge World one instead.

2 comments:

  1. Love your comment about "most recent" being "three decades". Funny how often I realize similar spans with my own hobby pursuits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do find myself worrying when I think “here are the latest ones” and realise how long ago it was…

      Delete