Tuesday 22 March 2022

Epic Land Raiders

My collection of epic scale Crimson Fists includes that staple of any Space Marine armour force, the Land Raider.  These come from my original copy of the game plus a complete extra copy and some additional lots of models I got from eBay.

Land Raiders.
Transporting 10 infantry and armed with 2 heavy bolters and 4 las cannon, the Land Raider is the archetypal Space Marine armoured vehicle.

Land Raiders.

Painting is to various standards, rather than re-paint every second-hand one from scratch, I've just added the main blues and reds over the top of the original colours.

Land Raider.

As a result, the tracks are a combination of greys, blacks and silvers and the blues are a mix of either GW Moody Blue or a base coat of Humbrol 104 Oxford Blue with a top coat of 25 Blue depending on how long ago I painted them (the Moody Blue ran out about 20 years ago).

Land Raiders.

Despite the mix of colours, they still look pretty uniform from a distance.  I have a total of 13 completed so far, with several more part-painted, certainly enough to take down a Titan or two depending upon which version of the various different Epic scale rules I'm using.

No comments:

Post a Comment