Thursday 25 November 2021

The Great Rationalisation of '21: Aerospace support

 Several years ago I got some Matchbox Skybusters to serve in as air support in my 15mm games.  They'll be useful for airfield raid type missions.

Stealth Launch

"Stealth Launch" fighters come in a range of colour schemes, these came in a garish orange but I'm repainting them in a dull grey.  They'll be aerospace fighters for my Neo-Colonial Commonwealth forces.

Sea Arrow

These "Sea Arrow" planes are going to be militarised civilian aircraft with jury-rigged machine guns or improvised bombs.  I like their pusher-prop design.  I can imagine them operating from short runways hidden in the jungle...

I'll need to source some suitable transfers to mark up both sets of aircraft, I probably have some amongst my huge stash.

4 comments:

  1. The pusher planes make me think of flying boats. Jungle river take off perhaps....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two of those myself. I never bothered to repaint them, because I am lazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too am lazy, which is why these are still unfinished after more than 5 years…

      Delete