Tuesday 23 November 2021

The Great Rationalisation of '21: Mecha and city buildings

Some of the first things I need to pack up are assorted mecha I've acquired from eBay.  The Warhammer/Excalibur/Tomahawk and the Longbow/Phalanx/Spartan are Robotech/Exofleet toys that are awaiting repainting to match the rest of my Guavan Defence Force Mecha.


Mecha!

The MAC II Monsters are Matchbox Robotech toys.  Both need some extra work in the form of gun barrels, one needs the ammunition bins adding under the rear.


MAC II Monsters

To have some nice Mecha battles, I will also need suitably large scenery.  I found some great value multi-storey buildings on e-Bay.  These are 5-storey as standard but being modular, I can make them as tall or short as I wish.


A tall building

I've added trimmed matchsticks as windowsills to they aren't completely flat.


Two smaller buildings.

 I need to decide how I'm going to paint the buildings.  I want to avoid a dull grey cityscape but I also need the buildings to all be the same colour scheme so that I can mix and match storeys as desired.  I'm thinking perhaps a brick red.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, what a blast from the past. I had the Spartan when I was a little kid. I remember being so upset the missiles didn't come out b/c I though the packaging had shown that (probably just some clever artwork and a very excited kid)

    ReplyDelete