Thursday 29 April 2021

Spring of Scenery 2021 - Part 1: Desert building additions

Back in 2017 I built some additions to my desert buildings, I thought I’d written a post about them but looks like I forgot to do so in the rush to get them ready for the Battle of Llah Ega'lliv...

I thought some walls would be useful to connect buildings to form compounds.  All are simple foamcore with the usual filler/PVA/paint textured coating.  All my desert building bases have a 15mm lip around the edge so the connecting walls are all designed to overhang the edges of their bases by 15mm. This helps everything match up neatly.

Connecting walls in use.

Connecting walls. Hmm, seems I didn't paint the back one...

For a bit of variety from all the flat-roofed houses,  I’ve also created a lean-to tiled roof shelter.

Lean-to shelter.

The shelter just uses a piece of tile embossed plasticard for the roof, not truly in scale with 15mm but it looks the part and you don't really notice when you're playing.

Attached to small storage building.

It's designed to match the height of a single storey plus the walled roof above but looks just at home attached to a larger building too.  The eaves height is enough for a small vehicle to be parked underneath, or just a pile of crates and other junk to provide cover from enemy fire.

Lean-to against larger building.

2 comments:

  1. Ingenious.
    Overhang walls and attached buildings. I bet You could add other thing in this style, like telephone booths, Visa/Mastercard box, powergenerator, extra doors, shops, water tap, dog shed etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m working on a few more bits now, have got them assembled and undercoated so watch this space!

      Delete