Saturday 27 March 2021

New models for Rogue Stars - Part 1: Werewolves... in spaaaaace!

Back at the end of 2020 I decided to get a few extra character models in preparation for Rogue Stars.  They'll also be handy in various other games such as Tomorrow's War, Black Ops and others.  I got a few humans but mainly concentrated on non-humans, something I'm a little short of.

First up we have a few Alternative Armies Beotan werewolves.  I love the fact that you can order individual models from their packs to get the exact mix you want.  I didn't need a whole set, just 5 specific models.

Wolf pack on the prowl...
 

I've used a warmer colour scheme than that on the AA web site, mainly Vallejo Game Colour.  Beastly Brown was used as the base coat for the fur and the harnesses are Khaki. Hands, muzzles and ears are dwarf flesh, this was dabbed on quite roughly because the later stages help to bring it all together.  Claws and teeth are bonewhite. After a sepia/matt varnish wash over the whole model, the fur was drybrushed with cold grey, then a stonewall grey highlight. The harnesses were highlighted with the base khaki, claws & teeth with bonewhite, then a dead white tip. Weapons are GW chainmail with a black ink wash.

First up we have the team leader with his Cupid pistol, HUD monocle and communications gear. He come from the 4th Tesseran Command squad.  Something I've been thinking I should learn to do is the "gem" style of painting on lenses etc.  I tried it on the eyepiece and for a first attempt, I'm reasonably pleased how it came out.


Next, we have a couple of wolves armed with Maia machine pistols from the 2nd Tesseran.  They have great expressions!



This next wolf is a snarling loader from the 3rd Tesseran Support pack and carries a Juno rifle plus an ammo box.  He'll be useful as a medic, courier or the like.



Finally we have their support, an Apollo ADS armed wolf, also from the 3rd Tesseran.  Rogue Stars doesn't actually have rules for bigger weapons like this so I'll only be using this on TW or other larger-scale games.



2 comments:

  1. Lovely looking squad!

    I thought they were 28mm scale initially and I'm particularly impressed with the gem effect lens as it's a challenge in 15mm!

    Look forward to seeing how you get on in your next game!

    Have you tried Planet 28? It's really simple and rather fun too and works really well with small forces (I'm currently playing with 3-5 figures a side!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good alternative wookies too, very impressive

    ReplyDelete