Wednesday 30 January 2013

Werewolves

 IAs well as the zombie horde, I've also finished the Rebel Minis werewolves that I based and undercoated at the same time.


All received a base coat of Vallejo beastly brown and a wash of Vallejo sepia ink.  I decided that wasn't dark enough so I added a further wash of black ink too.  They were all drybrushed beastly brown to start, then the one on the left (female) received extra GW vermin fur drybrushing, the centre one (male) Vallejo stonewall grey and the female on the right a very light drybrush of Humbrol 94 desert yellow.






Detail is good, although I do think there might be a hint of goat about the male's face as well as wolf!


They're nice figures though, and I'd recommend them.  Oddly my order from Rebel included only 3 werewolves (there should have been 6 according to the web site), but I received extra modern military contractor figures that offset that defecit so I wasn't to worried.

I think a few Blue Moon werewolves from Old Glory UK might be a good addition.


4 comments:

  1. They look awesome! Khurasan does a really nice werewolf too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't done an order from Khurasan yet, will have werewolves in mind if/when I do.

      Delete
  2. Very nicely done and there are wereladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're rather like the wereladies from The Howling!

      Delete