Friday 8 September 2023

15mm Shipping Containers

Headbunny Games produce some neat sets of 15mm sci fi scenery for great prices on e-Bay.  I spotted their sci-fi shipping/storage containers for £1.80 a pair plus postage, so immediately ordered 5 sets.

All 10 crates, with 15mm figures for comparison.

These have been printed using an FDM printer, rather than a resin printer like mine.  As a result, they do have more obvious layer lines, but will have cost much less to produce!  They are hollow, so nice and light, but being PLA (Polylactic Acid) they are also very sturdy, less likely to be chipped than my usual resin.

Rear and front views of the containers.

To get them quickly table-ready, I gave a grey spray undercoat, then drybrushed white, before using some of my Army Painter speedpaints.  I can see I missed a couple of spots with the undercoat, so the red plastic is showing through slightly.

Side view of container.

 They'll benefit from some decals and weathering/detailing, but for now they'll fill a space in a cargo bay or on a colony world.  Headbunny games produce a few other 15mm sets: sci-fi hover cars, spaceship wreckage, stone walls, castle ruins and junk piles/walls.  I have already printed the latter myself, had I not done so, I'd have certainly ordered some of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment