Tuesday 27 October 2020

Whoops!

 Every now and again, something goes wrong.  Usually it's my fault.  One such occasion was when I was putting a box of newly finished epic-scale models in the loft.  It slipped off the top of the pile I was carrying up the ladder and plunged two and a half metres to the floor where it burst open and sprayed bits across the carpet.  This included some of my new Forge World vehicles and I can advise you that Forge World resin does not take kindly to being dropped from a great height with metal models for company.  There were a lot of tank destroyer gun barrels and Basilisk gun platforms to repair after that...

I had a similar incident this week.  Way back in 2013 I started work on my AFCFA army, converting some old Matchbox armoured trucks into fully enclosed APCs.  Work on this project stalled repeatedly for various reasons, having 2 children being the main one.  I've also taken an inordinately long time to find decals I'm happy with.  Anyway, they're finally nearing completion, along with lots of scout cars and light armoured cars.

Having no dedicated painting/modelling area available, I have a lap tray which comes out most evenings when the time allows.  Unfortunately, I knocked this when getting something nearby and was rewarded by the sound of 18 armoured vehicles sliding off the tray en-masse and crashing down behind chairs onto the wooden floor...

Fuel tank to re-attach to scout car.
 

Looking behind the chairs, I could see the vehicles had scattered underneath and in several instances the body shell had parted company from the chassis.  These were only dry fitted and will be glued after painting is complete, so that was easy to fix by just matching up camo patterns.

Sensor bubble to re-glue to command vehicle.

Stowage box to glue to rear mudguard.

Minor damage to top rear rail (white chip).

Stowage box to go back over front wheel arch.

APC roof to re-attach.

Medical vehicle roof to re-attach.

Luckily it seems that nothing has actually broken other than the small chip on the top rail of the suport vehicle, so an evening with some superglue will hopefully resolve everything!

3 comments:

  1. I hate when that happens. But what can you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me happy. Not for your misfortune but for the fact that I am not the only one that is a clumsy ass on occasion.

    Once, 2009 Christmas Eve I used primer on finished models vs a matte sealer and I have dropped more models that there are stars in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain! There's nothing worse than dropping a big pile of miniatures, especially delicate and painted ones!

    ReplyDelete