Saturday 17 October 2020

Cheap Chinese Cars

I have a lot of old matchbox cars which go well with my "heroic 15mm" sci-fi figures but they do look oversized in comparison to my "true 15mm" moderns such as Peter Pig.  I recently splashed out the grand sum of £2.68 on a pack of 10 1:100 model cars and these will suit my games much better.


They come moulded in a range of different colours and could be used as-is but I've decided to give most a quick splash of paint and an ink wash & drybrush to accentuate the detail.  They also benefit from a few additional spots of colour for indicators etc.

As purchased on the left - painted , washed & detailed on the right.

The wheels/windows are a 1-piece moulding that fits inside the body shell, so it's easy to remove when painting, making it a very simple job with no masking required.

As purchased on the left - painted , washed & detailed on the right.

These will make good scatter scenery in my 15mm Action Force games, provided you can overlook the fact that they're not really 1980's syle cars!

No comments:

Post a Comment