Tuesday 23 January 2024

15mm Adobe houses: Part 5

 My existing adobe style generic desert houses are mostly very white.  One of the things I specifically wanted to do with these new ones was to add some more colour.

Only one existing building has any colour...

I've started by painting the strips along the lower half of each wall in a fairly strong colour.  They look quite bright at the moment, but later weathering will tone them down somewhat.  The sci-fi doors add a splash of a different colour to the buildings too.  I've used a number of emulsion house paint tester pots from The Range. These are former Wilko paints, The Range having taken over much of the former Wilkinson's product lines and stores since they collapsed into administration late in 2023.  These were £2 in Wilko but the Range were selling them off at 50p each and when I got to the checkout, they turned out to be buy one, get one free, so I ended up with 8 pots for £2, which was excellent value.  Although there is the odd exception, for the most part the Wilko paints are excellent, very strong colours and the paler ones are often very opaque and will cover other colours well.

"Retro Ochre" with "Jetty Blue" door.

"Retro Ochre" with "Jetty Blue" door, "Earthy Hue" bricks.

"Retro Orange" wall, "Jetty Blue" door, "Gold Heritage" canopy.

"Retro Orange" wall, "Jetty Blue" door, "Gold Heritage" canopy.

"Retro Ochre" with "Jetty Blue" door, "Earthy Hue" bricks.

"Retro Ochre" with "Earthy Hue" bricks.

"Retro Orange" wall, "Jetty Blue" door.

"Retro Orange" wall, "Jetty Blue" door.

"Jetty Blue" wall, "Retro Orange" door.

"Jetty Blue" wall, "Retro Orange" door.

"Earthy Hue" bricks, "Jetty Blue" door.

"Earthy Hue" bricks, "Gold Heritage" door.

Chiltern Arts acrylic Cadmium Red wall, "Jetty Blue" door.

Chiltern Arts acrylic Cadmium Red wall, "Gold Heritage" door.

I'll add some more details next, and then they will need weathering.  Before that though, I need to do something about the roofs.

2 comments:

  1. Coming along very nicely. i look forward to seeing them when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm very pleased with how they're coming together. I'm hoping I don't screw the project up entirely when I attempt some weathering on them!

      Delete