Saturday 18 November 2023

File under "C" for Cabinet

The EC3D office set also included some filling cabinets.  As before, these were rescaled to 56% original size.

The office.

I hollowed the cabinets and punched drainage holes to let the excess resin escape from inside.  They were painted Vallejo cold grey with a stonewall grey highlight, to match the desks.  I added some shading on the keypad and in the slots on the sides.  The drawers were painted with Vallejo Xpress plasma red, leaving the handles grey.  The little screen above the keypad was filled in with Vallejo Express Snake Green.

Note the drainage holes.

 These will enhance my office buildings and provide extra cover in the event of a shoot-out.

2 comments:

  1. There is an internal matrix when you hollow, correct?
    What percentage of fill do you tend to use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this instance, I hollowed it without an internal fill. The model is small enough that it supports its own weight without needing anything additional. I've tended to stop using an automatic infill because of the risk of getting resin pockets trapped. I add supports after I have hollowed and punched drainage holes, Chitubox will usually snake 2 or 3 through the drainage holes and branch them out like little trees inside the model. This has always been sufficient to print the model without any problems.

    ReplyDelete