Monday 25 March 2013

Some burnt-out cars to go with my ruins...

 More bargain buys from Poundland, this time a plastic tube containing "Fire Service" vehicles, a car, box van and helicopter.  The helicopter has been put to one side for conversion into a small space pod and the car and van have received an all-over coat of Inscribe burnt umber with roughly dabbed-on patches of Inscribe burnt sienna.  A light drybrush with GW chainmail completes the effect.


These ones do have reasonable detail on the underside, so I made sure to paint them under there too.


I popped the body shells apart so that I could remove the windscreens whilst painting.  I know that they shouldn't really be back in place in a pristine condition but I couldn't be bothered with creating interiors for the vehicles - they're only supposed to be 10-minute pieces of random scatter scenery!

1 comment:

  1. These look perfectly apocalyptic to enhance any ruined table top, nice work on these.

    ReplyDelete