Friday 24 June 2022

AK47 Republic - Objective Marker Competition part 1: Ideas

 Over on the AK47 Republic FaceBook group, there is a competition to create an AK47 objective marker based on an old CD or similar sized base.

You can put in as many entries as you want, I have several ideas I'm planning to make because having just got the game, I don't possess any markers at present.

I have 6 main ideas so far, shown below, plus a 7th secret idea which will only be revealed when I submit them for judging!

I sketched out the ideas and then watercoloured them using washable felt tips.  I scribble on the inside of an old Pringles tube type lid, then use a wet paintbrush to pick up the ink and apply it.  It gives a more subtle effect than colouring straight onto the paper with the felt-tip.  Using technical drawing pens with waterproof ink ensures the original sketching doesn't run.

Click on the pic to see the ideas in detail!

I'll post some more detail in the coming days as the projects progress.  I've been busy 3D printing various vehicles and accessories for these little dioramas.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome stuff!

    I've been intending to pick up a copy of AK-47 Republic for ages but never get round to it but will be following your progress on the competition with interest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd been thinking about it for ages too, I've had Peter Pig figures for years and it was the AK47 Facebook page that convinced me to finally buy a copy.

      Delete
  2. Excellent sketches and ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, some of the end results weren't quite as originally planned but on the whole, they came out OK.

      Delete