Saturday, 14 May 2011

Afghan / Middle Eastern Houses

Inspired by Force on Force and having read Attack State Red and a few other books recently, I've been building a few Afghan style houses. I'm using 5mm foamcore.




I've gone for 25mm high walls. This allows a 20mm high door, plus 10mm square windows, set 10mm above ground level, leaving a 5mm strip along the top to keep it all together.




I've cut one side of the card plus all the foam away at one end of each wall.





This means I get a nice butt-joint on each corner, giving stronger joints and smoother walls - no exposed lines of foam at the edges which will show through the texturing/painting.





The basic buildings assembled - things are starting to take shape...





I'm giving them all a flat roof for now. I've gone for 1, 2 and 3 storey structures. Some have chopped-up matchstick ladders to provide roof access.



Others obviously have internal stairs to the first floor, then a ladder to the top.




Some just have external stairs.


Each storey is separate, allowing me to position people inside and forget about them, thus losing the game because I can't keep track of where everyone is.


Hmm... hang on, I may have to rethink this last part of the plan!

1 comment:

  1. That's a really cool idea! I'm going to give it a go myself, as I need some good looking, easy to build terrain for 15mm.

    Spartan 117

    ReplyDelete